if not us
A downloadable anthology for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Seven years ago, five heroes were brought together to save the world. Their success came at the cost of their leader's life; the secret behind it cost them their friendship.
Now they've been summoned for a new heroic quest.
if not us is about the moment when they realise everything isn't going to be okay.
if not us is splendid; wonderful...it's five eulogies and five broken hearts, and again, and again. I cannot recommend it enough. - @demanrisu
An ambitious and sprawling collection of games...[if not us] is unique among IF. ★★★★★ - MathBrush
- Five short stories from five alternate timelines, each from the perspective of a different character and with new insight into the overarching narrative.
- Each story has its own style of interaction: watch your life flash before your eyes, write a letter to your loved ones, plead your case, or just stand still and think for a while.
- Some of our heroes may yet turn away from their deadly fates, some may succumb, and some may need convincing.
- Nearly 30,000 words of branching narratives.
- The stories in the anthology can be played in any order, but you might find yourself revisiting one or two later with new insight.
- I hope you like dramatic irony.
- And big women with horns.
if not us is free, but donors of $3 or more get access to the making of if not us - a 20 page PDF booklet which includes concept art, planning notes, flowcharts, Twine maps, and mechanics discussions.
Director/writer/programmer: ruqiyah @pettyantics
Character design & art: @hiimshiny
Editing: saf @wanderlustin
Trailer music is "Requiem of the radboy" by Memphre.
|Published||Jan 27, 2018|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Fantasy, inform-7, parser, sad, Story Rich, Text based, tragedy, Twine|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial v4.0 International|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- "The Making Of if not us" PDF released23 days ago